Signals on the iPad offers the same quality editorial and sumptuous pictures as the print magazine, combined with the convenience of digital delivery – ensuring you can access it almost anywhere on the planet.
The September edition is out now. It includes features describing our maritime archaeology team’s search for the relics of an India-trade horse transport on the Barrier Reef, how Dirk Hartog’s accidental landing 400 years ago put the west coast of Australia on the map and how a 100-year-old fragment of film inspired a contemporary artist from Arnhem Land to create spirit figures embodying Yolngu culture.
You can read all these and more by accessing your FREE trial version of Signals. Just search for “Signals Quarterly” on the iPad App Store or click go to anmm.gov.au/SignalsApp and follow the instructions below. If you like what you see, please return to the App Store and give us a review and a star rating. Each subsequent issue is $1.99.
How to download Signals to your iPad
1. Open the App Store and type in ‘Signals Quarterly’ or go to anmm.gov.au/signalsApp.
2. Choose the app with the ANMM logo and click ‘Get’ and then ‘Install’.
3. Enter your iTunes/Apple ID password.
4. When the App has downloaded, click on the ANMM icon on your tablet top.
5. Click on ‘register’ and complete the form to set up a secure email address and password. You will need to agree to the Terms & Conditions and can subscribe to the museum’s regular newsletter if you wish. Click ‘register’.
6. You will be automatically sent a confirmation email asking you to verify your address. Open your email account, find the email – it will be sent from email@example.com – and click on the verification link within. You will be taken to a webpage that activates your account.
7. Return to the app and log in.
8. Click on the ‘Magazine Store’ icon at the bottom of the app. You will be presented with all the available issues of Signals.
9. Select the issue you wish to download by clicking the adjacent ‘More’ button. This will take you to a page that provides an overview of the content. Click the ‘Download’ button at the bottom. The magazine will download automatically.
10. Click on the ‘My Magazines’ icon at the bottom left of the screen and your digital edition will open up.
11. To download additional issues, repeat steps 8 and 9. The only difference will be that a ‘Buy’ button will replace the ‘Download’ button. Click ‘Buy’ and choose ‘Coupon Code’ from the pop-up. Enter the coupon code number, which will be sent via email or can be obtained by contacting the museum’s Members section.
— Richella King, Digital Outreach Manager.