We’re excited to announce a photography competition in association with the 2016 Classic & Wooden Boat Festival. Readers are invited to submit photographs via Instagram to win cash prizes worth $4600.
The overall winner will receive $2000. In addition, three prizes will be awarded in each of two age brackets:
16 years and over
- First prize: $1000
- Second prize: $500
- Third prize: $250
13–16 years (as at the final day of the competition, which is 18 April 2016)
- First prize: $500
- Second prize: $250
- Third prize: $100
Each winner will also receive an engraved trophy crafted from a timber spar salvaged from the HMB Endeavour replica.
Photographs should depict any of the following subjects, in either saltwater and freshwater Australian environments:
- Can be underwater or above water, including shore scenes. Can include marine animals or plants.
- Life, work and leisure: for example sport; working boats and ships; images of people in marine trades or skills; or maritime lifestyles
- Portraits of classic and wooden boats
- Abstract images of marine subjects
How to enter
- Read the terms and conditions of the competition
- Upload your geotagged photo to Instagram with your Instagram handle and the hashtag #cwbfsydney (privacy settings must be set to ‘public’ for us to retrieve your photo)
The fine print
Limit of two entries per person.
The competition runs from 9 am on 1 December 2015 until 5 pm on 18 April 2016. All entries must be received by 5 pm on 18 April 2016.
The judges will include ANMM staff members Emma Ferguson, Classic and Wooden Boat Festival project officer; Janine Flew, publications officer and editor of Signals magazine; and Andrew Frolows, senior staff photographer.
Winners will be announced in early May 2016 via social media channels. The winning images will be published in the June 2016 issue of Signals
The terms and conditions of the competition and further details of the prizes can be found at anmm.gov.au/cwbf.
Good luck, and we look forward to seeing your photos!